Posted by Jonno on January 30, 2010, 4:26 pmPlease Register and login to reply and use other advanced options
I am having trouble recording a cassette player onto XP.
(1) I play a cassette recorder into my PC's line-in and I can hear it
clearly in the speakers.
(2) I select line-in on XP's recording control (SNDVOL32.EXE).
(3) However when I press the record button on Audacity, there is no audio
signal displayed on the graph.
I also tried XP's Sound recorder (SNDREC32.EXE) and Windows Media Player.
Can you advise?
Posted by kony on January 30, 2010, 4:55 pm
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 21:26:41 GMT, Jonno
IIRC, there is a menu choice in Audacity where you select
the recording source.
Posted by Jonno on January 30, 2010, 4:58 pm
On 21:26 30 Jan 2010, Jonno wrote:
I'm a step closer. Here's some more info ...
I turned the cassette player right down and played into the PC's mic input.
A VU meter utility shows nicely fluctuating audio levels and the recording
When I select the PC's line input (and remove all input/output leads) then
the recording level is at its max. I still get a max reading with the
line-in sensitivity turned down in XP's Recording Control.
What's happening here?
Posted by Sjouke Burry on January 30, 2010, 6:19 pm
Posted by Lez Pawl on January 31, 2010, 12:56 am
Please Register and login to reply and use other advanced options
- Posted In
- Media Player - using to view news videos for the first time.
- Microsoft Windows MediaCenter
- Subscribe via RSS